O.K. ... as Felecia says, I should read the fine print...
The other part of our assignment was to blog about something technical.
And since I just finished the Flickr assignment, the main thing on my mind is my frustration with how long it always takes me to learn to use a new technology. As with this assignment, I usually approach the new critter (application, software, gizmo) with interest and hope. I read the directions (yes - I really do) - and then proceed step by step.
Invariably - what should take about 30 minutes drags on into at least 2 hours and 3 pestering "can-you-show-me-how-you-do-this" interruptions of whoever is close by. And then I discover there was some instruction they just ASSUMED you knew... Grrr...
I usually eventually catch on... but I'd MUCH rather be digging in the dirt...
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Peggy,
I love peonies and I love Mary Oliver. What a great "mashup". I have a LOT of trouble with the technology, too. And then when I thought I finally "got" some of it and wanted to try it at home, not only have my kids lost the digital camera, my tower computer with all my software and files on it went to the shop for a week. And my mid-life brain won't remember what I thought I'd learned by the time they turn up.
I did learn that peonies cannot bloom without the ants eating the waxy seal on the blossom. Which is why peonies always fill your house with ants when you cut them and bring them in. I've learned to appreciate them in the garden :-)
Jean
Post a Comment